Let us recommend which study may be best for you! All tools are on pre-order and will ship to you the week of February 6th.
- For the gal wanting to focus on things in her life to "release" and "retain" / Release - this is a weekly devotional that will take 5-10 minutes to complete each week. Perfect for the gal on the go needing something simple!
- For the woman who wants to be challenged with ways we are distracted from all of God's goodness / Distracted - 40 daily devotionals that will take 5-10 minutes to complete each day. This devotional is ideal for the woman wanting daily routine throughout the Lenten season.
- For the friend wanting a tangible guide to determine something to give up, what Lent is and how to know God more over these 40 days / Lent Study Book - 7 weekly devotionals rich in Biblical study. This Bible study will take 30 minutes to one hour to complete per week and is great for the woman looking for a tool to go deeper in the word of God.
Lent Study Book
For the friend wanting a tangible guide to determine something to give up, what Lent is and how to know God more over these 40 days
- What to Give Up Guide: 6 pages of prompts, reflection questions and dedicated space to dig deep and discover what you're giving up for Lent. It's like a goal planner for your Lent fast!
- Lent Study Book: The Lent Study Book is a weekly devotional covering the 40 days of the Lenten season from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. Enjoy 7 weeks of 1-2 page devotionals digging deep into Lent history and weekly topics to encourage, educate and challenge our Lenten season with Christ. Each devotional is followed by 2 full pages of takeaway prompts and reflections.
ABOUT THE WRITER
Tiffany Stein is the Pastor to Women at Irving Bible Church, a dream job for her since she is passionate about encouraging women to know God intimately and embrace their unique identity in Christ. She is a native Texan and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Oklahoma Baptist University. Tiffany enjoys writing, hiking, and reading biographies and memoirs with a hot cup of tea in hand. Tiffany is married to Jason, the NextGen Pastor at Irving Bible Church. They have one beloved son, David Allen, who is with Jesus. They reside in Flower Mound, Texas, with their energetic lab, Ginger.
Distracted: 40 Days to know God more and live freed
For the woman who wants to be challenged with ways we are distracted from all of God's goodness / On pre-order shipping to you the week of February 6th.
Why we created this tool:
A spiritual revolution is about to take place as we intentionally invite the Holy Spirit to guide us away from distractions and closer to God.
During this period, we will be fasting from busyness, comparison, and overwhelm (to name a few) with the hope of finding more of Jesus when our hearts are focused less on the things of this world and more on His word.
This tool can be used at any point of the year, but you may find this 40-day period to be more intentional during the Lenten season of repentance and solitude as we remember Jesus' death and celebrate His resurrection.
What to expect:
This devotional and prayer guide includes 40 daily devotionals followed by daily prompted prayer space for journaling.
My hope and prayer is that this tool will walk us through 40 intentional days focused on identifying distractors so we might be more prompt to recognize and fight off distractions in our daily lives beyond this 40-day period.
We hope these pages will be used for the Holy Spirit to:
- prompt us to fast from routine distractions in our life that may be pulling us away from intimacy with Him
- guide us to open our Bibles routinely and read His true word
- protect our quiet and intimate moments of solitude in His presence
- prompt written prayers to enrich our awareness of and dependence on Him
I pray this tool is an invitation to know our God more, to gain a deeper understanding of the cross, and to bring Him glory through service and worship. I pray this tool touches your unique relationship with our God in ways you treasure uniquely in your heart!
Founder of Wheat & Honey Co.
Author & Designer of Distracted: 40 Days to Know God More and Live Freed
“As someone who struggles with daily quiet time, I found the Distracted devotional to be easy to move through and so very relevant to my season of life right now. The “first thoughts” each day really captured my attention and reading through the devotional and prayer allowed me to really reflect on how each distraction was influencing my life and the prompted prayer questions allowed me to be intentional with my prayers each day. If you’re someone looking for a guide to help dive deeper into knowing God this is a great resource. And if you’re a seasoned believer this devotional may reveal temptations that you didn’t realize were holding you back from growing further in your relationship with the Lord.” - Meredith
Release: A Lent Study Tool
For the gal wanting to focus on things in her life to "release" and "retain" / On pre-order shipping to you the week of February 6th.
- Our Release Lent Study Tool has seven weekly devotionals and is designed to be read one time per week starting Wednesday, February 17th
- Each week you’ll journey through themes guiding us to "release" in order to "retain". Our author's heart was led to encourage you not to simply “give something up” during this season, but instead, RELEASE (perfectionism, comparison, doubt, control) in order to RETAIN (the true and living Word of God that ultimately defines you).
What is the purpose of Lent?
The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday (a Holy day of prayer and fasting) and concludes on Easter (the celebration of our Risen Savior). Lent is a 40-day time of dedicated prayer and fasting. It’s a sacrificial space. As I prepared to help cultivate this tool, I found throughout my research that many describe Lent as a time of repentance. Others describe the time as a reflection of the 40-days Jesus spent in the desert, after being baptized by John the Baptist. I appreciated both viewpoints and asked God to allow me to use both perspectives as we grow during this time.
Throughout college days, I would hear, see, and often participate in “giving something up” for Lent. I would give up coffee or music until Easter, and well... that was it. I would pick right back up where I left off on Easter Day, sipping my coffee or listening to whatever genre of music I had missed the most. I want to highlight that this was honestly where my spiritual growth and understanding was at the time, (and that is okay).
Today, through the given wisdom of the Holy Spirit, I would like to reclaim the meaning and depth of Lent. My heart is led to encourage you not to simply “give something up” during this season, but instead, RELEASE in order to RETAIN.
As we continue to navigate life through a global pandemic, that none of us would have ever imagined would take over our lives in the way that it has, we must realize none of this was a surprise to God. He sees each of us individually, and He is calling us to continue expanding the Kingdom of Heaven during this time.
The Charge - This season of Lent will be different from any other. Whether Lent is new to you, or something you have done all of your life, this year we are seeking God’s face with a different position of the heart. With a heart ready and willing to release our lives at the feet of the Savior, for His will to be done. Before starting the next seven weeks of prayer and fasting, highlight something/several things in your life that you believe are hindering you from going deeper in your relationship with God. The time is NOW to release those highlighted spaces, whether it be perfectionism, comparison, doubt, or control, in order to retain the true and living Word of God that ultimately defines you. Releasing is not easy, but it will be worth all that God has for you to retain.
- Mariah Howard
Bundle - Lent Bible Study + Warrior Words Scripture Reference Tool