Release: A Lent Study Tool
For the gal wanting to focus on things in her life to "release" and "retain" / On pre-order shipping to you the week of February 6th.
- Our Release Lent Study Tool has seven weekly devotionals and is designed to be read one time per week starting Wednesday, February 17th
- Each week you’ll journey through themes guiding us to "release" in order to "retain". Our author's heart was led to encourage you not to simply “give something up” during this season, but instead, RELEASE (perfectionism, comparison, doubt, control) in order to RETAIN (the true and living Word of God that ultimately defines you).
What is the purpose of Lent?
The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday (a Holy day of prayer and fasting) and concludes on Easter (the celebration of our Risen Savior). Lent is a 40-day time of dedicated prayer and fasting. It’s a sacrificial space. As I prepared to help cultivate this tool, I found throughout my research that many describe Lent as a time of repentance. Others describe the time as a reflection of the 40-days Jesus spent in the desert, after being baptized by John the Baptist. I appreciated both viewpoints and asked God to allow me to use both perspectives as we grow during this time.
Throughout college days, I would hear, see, and often participate in “giving something up” for Lent. I would give up coffee or music until Easter, and well... that was it. I would pick right back up where I left off on Easter Day, sipping my coffee or listening to whatever genre of music I had missed the most. I want to highlight that this was honestly where my spiritual growth and understanding was at the time, (and that is okay).
Today, through the given wisdom of the Holy Spirit, I would like to reclaim the meaning and depth of Lent. My heart is led to encourage you not to simply “give something up” during this season, but instead, RELEASE in order to RETAIN.
As we continue to navigate life through a global pandemic, that none of us would have ever imagined would take over our lives in the way that it has, we must realize none of this was a surprise to God. He sees each of us individually, and He is calling us to continue expanding the Kingdom of Heaven during this time.
The Charge - This season of Lent will be different from any other. Whether Lent is new to you, or something you have done all of your life, this year we are seeking God’s face with a different position of the heart. With a heart ready and willing to release our lives at the feet of the Savior, for His will to be done. Before starting the next seven weeks of prayer and fasting, highlight something/several things in your life that you believe are hindering you from going deeper in your relationship with God. The time is NOW to release those highlighted spaces, whether it be perfectionism, comparison, doubt, or control, in order to retain the true and living Word of God that ultimately defines you. Releasing is not easy, but it will be worth all that God has for you to retain.
- Mariah Howard
STAY Devotional: An Invitation to Purposefully Focus on God's Presence and Promises
In a world of what-ifs, options, and uncertainty, we can find ourselves feeling lost and adrift rather than confidently anchored in our faith. Stay: An Invitation to Purposefully Focus on God’s Presence & Promises is a twelve-week devotional to remind us of some of the Lord’s most intentional assurances in the Bible that we can study to reignite our faith, remove our doubts, and realize the unwavering love of our Heavenly Father.
In addition to the devotional content, each week of the STAY study features pre-written prayers, prompts, questions, and journal space.
STAY: An Invitation to Purposefully Focus on God’s Presence & Promises is the first bible study or devotional style product created specifically for the Wheat & Honey Co. shop.
Size: 6.5 x 8.5
70 pages of content
Written by Jantzen Jolly-Miller
Design by Machelle Kolbo
Made in the USA
© Wheat and Honey Co. Contents of this study cannot be copied or reproduced for any purposes.
Warrior Words: Scripture Reference Tool
Warrior Words: A Scripture Reference Tool of 100+ Emotions and Circumstances
- Diana Parker, messenger and prayer warrior
- Jantzen Jolly-Miller, prayer warrior and visual strategist
- Katie Roberts, copy editor
- Restoring Moore Photography (Alex Moore), cover photography
- Mary Beth Carter, cover model
- Countless women contributing scripture, you know who you are
- Wheat and Honey Co., hand-painted Bible featured on the cover
- Britt Goff, layout design and vessel
Lent Study Book
For the friend wanting a tangible guide to determine something to give up, what Lent is and how to know God more over these 40 days
- What to Give Up Guide: 6 pages of prompts, reflection questions and dedicated space to dig deep and discover what you're giving up for Lent. It's like a goal planner for your Lent fast!
- Lent Study Book: The Lent Study Book is a weekly devotional covering the 40 days of the Lenten season from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. Enjoy 7 weeks of 1-2 page devotionals digging deep into Lent history and weekly topics to encourage, educate and challenge our Lenten season with Christ. Each devotional is followed by 2 full pages of takeaway prompts and reflections.
ABOUT THE WRITER
Tiffany Stein is the Pastor to Women at Irving Bible Church, a dream job for her since she is passionate about encouraging women to know God intimately and embrace their unique identity in Christ. She is a native Texan and a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Oklahoma Baptist University. Tiffany enjoys writing, hiking, and reading biographies and memoirs with a hot cup of tea in hand. Tiffany is married to Jason, the NextGen Pastor at Irving Bible Church. They have one beloved son, David Allen, who is with Jesus. They reside in Flower Mound, Texas, with their energetic lab, Ginger.